Wednesday, December 20, 2017

December 18, 2017

Hey guys it was another successful week in Peru. I guess my wrist isn’t broken because it feels a lot better but still hurts a tiny bit. My guess is I just bruised the bone really bad or sprained it. I do have some bad news about my pictures though. The computers here aren’t very good so last week when I put my sim card in the computer it reformatted it and deleted everything. I have the first 4 weeks of the CCM saved in google drive but everything after that is lost which stinks.
We got to go to Piura on Thursday for the Christmas party so we had to leave super early. We had some trouble getting there because our bus broke down on the way there so we got on another bus which eventually broke down also. The trip took 8 hours instead of 6 but the party was a lot of fun. We got to eat a lot of pizza and candy, play games, and watched "It’s A Wonderful Life.” We stayed the night in Piura and got back to Zorritos in the afternoon safely.
Our investigators are progressing well and we’re baptizing our golden investigator (Juan) on December 30th. We’re also going to try to baptize our pensionista this Saturday because she has been ready but she’s been waiting to be baptized with her friends who are also our investigators. Hopefully I have some good news about her next week.
I had a close call with almost speaking in church this week. We share a ward with another companionship and the Bishop told them he wanted me to speak. I was freaking out a little bit so my companion texted the Bishop to not have me speak because I was still very new. It worked out because he called another missionary to speak.
Anyways, I’m excited to get to Skype with y'all next week! We don’t know how or where we’re going to do it yet but we’ll figure it out. We should get to call or something on Sunday or maybe Saturday to set up the time with you guys. Take care and Love you guys!
Elder Smith








No comments:

Post a Comment