Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My First Bucket Shower

This week was another good but interesting week. It rained a lot and they turn off the water in Zorritos when it rains. We had to go without water for 3 days so it was an interesting experience and I got to take bucket showers for the first time in the mission. I also almost got sick this week as I had some pretty bad stomach pain but it didn’t stop us from working.
There was some good progress in our area and a lot of good things are happening. David, our investigator who has a baptismal date for this week is progressing well but we may not be able to baptize him this week because his wife might be getting some type of surgery Friday. He has desires to continue progressing so we’ll see how things turn out and hope the best for his family.
We also have another investigator who is the wife of the only active member in our area and he is a recent convert of 5 months. They’re easily my favorite people to visit ever just because they’re great people. She goes to church every Sunday and reads and prays but her only problem is she’s afraid of becoming inactive like 80% of the ward.  It’s kind of frustrating because she’s already more active than most of the ward but she’s afraid to accept a date for baptism. However, as we visited them yesterday she seemed like a different person and all excited. We helped her husband dedicate their home and then talked for a little while. After some time she decided she wanted a blessing for her health to help her with her spine. We asked her who she wanted to give her the blessing because her Husband has the Melchizedeck Priesthood and can do so. However, she picked me right away because she told me my Spanish has gotten good really fast and she wanted me to continue practicing. I was nervous because it was my first time ever giving a blessing and especially because it was in Spanish. After the blessing though she was super greatful and really the most excited we’ve ever seen. That visit really made the week so much better and we’re excited because she’s even closer to baptism.
This week will be my last week of training and probably my last week with Elder Shumway before I get a Latino companion. We don’t know what will happen yet but we’ll find out Saturday. Anyways, I’m looking forward to another good week and hope you guys have one too.
Love you guys
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment