Thursday, November 16, 2017

Week 4

The days are really starting to fly now and we get the chance to go proselyting in the Lima East Mission on Saturday so I'm super excited about that. Hopefully I'll get lucky and get to go with Jack Lopez. We got to go to the Temple again today and we got to do an English session which was great. I did get some better pictures of the temple but I'll have to find another way to send them because they blocked google drive on all the computers. 

This past Sunday has probably been my favorite day so far even though I had to speak in sacrament meeting. Every week they pick 4 people out of the congregation to give 5 minute talks in Spanish so you have to prepare a talk every week over a certain topic. I got called up and actually spoke for almost 7 minutes which has been the only time I've ever spoke over the given time. 

It has started to warm up here so we'll make it to Piura just in time for the heat. We talked to some people at the distribution center this morning who were from Piura and they said It's about to be really hot there and they eat a lot of fish. I've heard we're not allowed to eat the fish so hopefully that's true because I have eaten it twice in the CCM and it wasn't very enjoyable. 

It's also a pretty exciting time in Peru because they play tonight in Lima to get into the World Cup. I've asked the President and his wife many times about letting us all go for our P-day but they weren't big fans of the idea because the game isn't till 9:15. 

Anyways hope all is well in the States and love you guys.

Elder, Smith






No comments:

Post a Comment