Friday, November 3, 2017

Week 2

The days are starting to move a lot faster now but it gets kind of old sitting in a class room all day everyday but we find ways to have fun. The only time we got to leave the walls were this morning when we cleaned a church for 4 hours. The Spanish is starting to come pretty well and I can hold a decent conversation with the Latinos from Ecuador. The still love our room and hang out every night with us so we can practice our Spanish. 

Nothing really too exciting happened this week but we did experience 2 small earthquakes. This time they were probably calling us to repentance because they both happened when messing around in class. My companion and I also got our first investigator to commit to baptism. Even though it was not real because he is our teacher, it was really awesome to see the progress that was made.

We get about an hour everyday for physical activity an I typically play volleyball most days because it is really dangerous to play basketball or soccer. I have played soccer with the natives a few times but they were way too good for me and did not let me cherry pick. 

I hope all is well and Go Astros! 

Love, Elder Smith

P day will be on Tuesday next week and let me know if you guys were able to see the pictures. None of us really know how to share them with family yet.









No comments:

Post a Comment