Friday, November 24, 2017

Week 5

This week has been a lot of fun but kind of crazy. Peru won their game on Wednesday night to make it into the world cup for the first time in a long time. Even though the CCM is kind of isolated we could hear the celebrations all night long. There was tons of fireworks and air horns going off. It was funny because all of the teachers had lost their voice from screaming celebrating and were running on 2 hours of sleep.

 The Spanish has been going well but can be very frustrating at times. I'm starting to be able to understand everything pretty well but can´t speak like I want to yet.


 Our proselyting activity was pretty hectic this week because we were supposed to be able to proselyte for about 3 hours but our bus took a wrong turn and got lost. We only got to proselyte for an hour but for me it was really only 30 minutes because the Elder I was going with misunderstood something and got us off track. I got to ride in their little transportation buses but I had to stand because there was no room and I was way too tall for it. I had my shoulders pushing against the ceiling and found out the ceiling was very dirty. It stained my shirt pretty bad with dust but Hermana Moore (the President's wife) will see what she can do about it. The first thing I got to teach about was homosexual relations and if women can wear pants to church so that was interesting. We only got to knock on 2 doors but we were able to have a good 10 minute conversation with a great lady that let us set up another appointment. I didn't say a whole lot but I got to testify to her that God loves her and knows her personally and her eyes lit up when I said that. It was great experience and the people of Peru are very open to talk to us. There are many people here who are ready for the Gospel.

Today we got to go to the temple for the last time for the next 2 years but it was a great experience as always. I will try to send some more pictures this week.

We will probably be leaving for Piura really late Monday night or early Tuesday morning. I will either get to email you guys quickly or have a quick phone call when we arrive there. I´m very excited to finally get to go out and teach.

Love, Elder Smith




My teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment