Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Week 3

This week flew by but It was really sad to see all of the Latinos leave yesterday. I also found out that the Astros won on Thursday morning. I asked my teacher to tell me but his reply was 1 Nephi 13:22. Another teacher came in and he looked it up but I had to make a deal with him for him to tell me. The deal was that I could only speak in Spanish for the next 10 hours and every word I said in English was 20 pushups during physical activity. I ended up saying 19 words and doing 380 pushups but it was totally worth it. It kind of sucked to not be able to speak in English but it was cool to see how much Spanish I actually knew and how Spanish I still don't know. On Thursday I got 2 huge blisters on the bottom of my feet from playing soccer barefoot on the turf for like 10 minutes. It has been a pain to walk all week but they are finally healing now. I am thankful I just have blisters though because one of my roommates broke his wrist while playing soccer and has to wear a cast for the next few weeks.

My companion and I both got called to be zone leaders starting today so that's exciting but I think it is also very uncommon to have a companionship to be zone leaders. 

This morning we got to go the temple which was an awesome experience. It was a Spanish session but they gave us headphones to listen to it English. It was really hard to get any good pictures of the temple because it didn't fit in my camera. 

Love, Elder Smith

BLISTERS!

With my Ecuador peeps







"The food is pretty good for the most part but sometimes isn't very good.
It is just different types of chicken and beef with rice everyday
"

No comments:

Post a Comment